Drugs to fix erectile dysfunction and improve the male libido are a huge phenomenon - but it's always better to fix things naturally. Before going to get your prescription, try a few other tips.
- Libido-boosting fruit. Figs, bananas and avocados are all good for the libido. For bonus points, share the guac with your partner - it works for women too.
- Chocolate. Everyone says it's for women - but chocolate can boost male libido and improve mood too. Some people argue it's all in your head, but really, it doesn't matter. Besides, who doesn't want an excuse to eat chocolate?
- Add the right herbs. Basil and garlic are both helpful. Garlic in particular increases blood flow down south, and can help with erectile dysfunction, midway letdown and premature ejaculation.
- Limit alcohol. "Drink provoketh the desire, but it taketh away the performance" is a truism. Too much alcohol can cause impotence and affect your ability to orgasm.
- Learn to better manage stress. Stress can also lower your sex drive, and using stress for sex relief can cause problems in your relationship (although both sex and masturbation certainly can help). Try yoga - it's not just for the girls.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation in men causes testosterone to drop - affecting not just your sex drive but your overall health. Surviving on minimal sleep is actually the very opposite of macho.
- Fish oil. Fish oil supports the production of healthy cholesterol, which in turn supports testosterone production. It also helps keep testosterone free and available for use. It's good for you in general, too.
- Get some sun. We spend so much time worrying about skin cancer that we have an epidemic of vitamin D deficiency. Get tested, consider taking a supplement (especially in winter) and try to spend 15 minutes a day in direct sunshine.
All of these are better than resorting to drugs - although obviously if nothing else works and a pill does, it might be the way you have to go. And a lot of these tips will not just improve your sexual health but make you feel better all around. Which also helps - self esteem and overall wellbeing also improve libido and sex drive!