So, you enjoy sexy times - but your libido is not what you want it to be. If you're a woman, you might well be wishing there was a little pill you could take to fix it. Or, you could look on your dinner plate - here are some foods that will help perk up your sex drive.
1. Red meat - preferably grass-fed beef. True, too much red meat can be bad for you, but a bit can help - it contains plenty of zinc, which increases your testosterone (did you know that women need enough testosterone to be sexually healthy?)
2. Salmon and other fatty fish - improves circulation, including blood flow to the genitals. Oh, and it's good for your mood, too, and if your mood is good, you're more likely to want some play time.
3. Eggs - eggs boost energy and focus and contain a lot of Vitamin B6, which balances sexual hormone levels. The protein content will also boost your stamina without adding too many calories.
4. Chocolate - because we all know chocolate is an aphrodisiac, as well as relaxing you, and well...enough of it can be almost as good as sex anyway - chocolate contains phenylethylamine, which releases the same endorphins as sex. Besides, an excuse to eat chocolate?
5. Oats - oats boost testosterone and contain L-arginine. L-arginine is used to treat erectile dysfunction in men, but it can also help support blood flow to the clitoris. Hrm. How about oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?
6. Watermelon - which some researchers say is even better than chocolate. It also contains a precursor of L-arginine and appears to increase libido.
7. Avocados - hand over the guac - avocadoes contain healthy fats which improve vaginal lubrication and thus make sex more pleasurable. Unpleasant vaginal sex can lead to anxiety which can then feed back in and kill your libido altogether.
8. Strawberries - pretty much all berries contain great antioxidants and lots of vitamin C, which helps sexual functioning (in both men and women). Why strawberries? Because they taste good with chocolate - there's a reason chocolate covered strawberries are a traditional Valentine's day gift.
What about foods to avoid? Alcohol, especially as it can lead to bad decisions about sex. Caffeine can increase anxiety, which lowers sex drive. And diet soda - especially if sweetened with aspartame, which affects serotonin levels and depresses overall mood.
So, eat better and have more fun - but don't overdo the red meat. And stop searching for that famed female viagra.